Friday, April 27, 2012

NoseFrida!


What is a NoseFrida you ask?  It is a Mama (or Daddy or whomever) powered nasal aspirator.  And it is a lifesaver!  We got our NoseFrida when R was about 6 weeks old.  He had gotten a cold and was VERY stuffy.  We had tried the bulb syringe but it didn’t seem to do anything and I always felt like if he moved I would end up jamming it up his nose so far I would do permanent damage.  So I asked around in my online Mom communities and several people recommended this contraption called a NoseFrida.  I googled it and found this website http://www.fridababy.com/.  There was a retailer locator so I typed in our Zip and lo-and-behold our little town, where I can normally not find anything out of the ordinary, had a retailer!  So I left R with D and drove the 30 miles to get one.  When I get home and showed it to D and explained that I was going to use it to suck the snot out of R he looked at me like I was crazy but said “let’s give it a try”.  And oh my goodness!  My little baby had a TON of snot in there!  And after we got all of it out that we could his breathing was SO much clearer.  We had to use the NoseFrida several times that first day and the next few days and have used it on multiple occasions since.  I love it because it is SO effective, you don’t have to worry about it getting jammed up the baby’s nose and while sometimes R gets upset when we use it, I don’t think it hurts him at all like that bulb syringe did.  Now, I don’t really get grossed out very easily so sucking the snot didn’t bother me at all.  But if you do have a bit of an “ick” mentality let me assure you the snot does NOT come anywhere near your mouth.  The little replaceable filter stops any that gets even close to the sucking tube.  The NoseFrida and the filter are very easy to wash.  It is now on my “must-have” list for all moms!   Oh, and if you want to see one in action here is a clip of Kim from Dirty Diaper Laundry using the NoseFrida on her son; http://dirtydiaperlaundry.com/if-you-have-a-baby-you-need-a-nosefrida/ .  I didn’t see a need to video myself using it when she already did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment